Low in sugar and grain-free, these spiced pumpkin muffins, studded with apples and raisins, make for a healthy breakfast or snack!
By: Hillary Parker, HCTP Class of January 2014
Serves: 10-12 muffins
- 1½ c. almond meal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ c. canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- ½ apple, peeled & grated
- ¼ c. golden raisins
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond meal, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, syrup, and oil — whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients to the almond meal mixture. Stir to combine, then fold in the grated apple and raisins.
- Plop batter into a lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350F.
Add 1-2 additional Tablespoons of maple syrup for desired sweetness. These muffins freeze well.
A near-death experience as a young adolescent guided Hillary from a restrictive teen and curious culinarian to a wellness professional, health coach and blogger. Her blog, Nutrition Nut on the Run, focuses on living a healthful and joy-filled life through nourishing recipes, intuitive exercise, endorphin-inducing workouts, travel adventures, self-love, and all of the perfectly imperfect life stuffs in between. Find her on Instagram @HillontheRun.
Are you an IIN Graduate with recipes worth sharing? Submit it to us here!