This Smoky Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Carrots recipe is perfect for any occasion…even just weeknight dinner. The vegetables are interchangeable. If you don’t have Brussels sprouts use cauliflower, broccolirabe, cabbage, or broccoli. If you don’t have carrots try parsnips, sun-chokes, sweet potatoes, beets, or other vegetables you like. Have fun with this recipe!
By: Jenné Claiborne, HCTP Class of October 2011
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 lb brussels sprouts, halved
1 lb small carrots, halved, or diced
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons grape seed oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place cut vegetables into a skillet or onto a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix together the maple syrup, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and oil. Pour the mixture over the vegetables, and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle salt over the vegetables, and roast for 40-45 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Check your vegetables 30 minutes into the cook time, and stir them if necessary.
- Serve hot and garnished with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Jenné Claiborne is a Georgia Peach living in Los Angeles (by way of NYC), with an insatiable love of sweet potatoes, travel, animals, and cooking. She is a vegan chef, health coach and cooking instructor. You can find out more about her and check out more of her delicious recipes at Sweet Potato Soul and on Instagram @sweetpotatosoul.
Are you an IIN Graduate with recipes worth sharing? Submit it to us here!