By Tracy Assaad
As temperatures start to drop, few dishes satisfy like a bowl of wholesome soup! This hearty and comforting concoction embodies everything about Autumn.Rich in spices and herbs, this delicious and nutrient-dense soup will go a long way to keeping you energized and out of the doctor’s office.
Spicy Orange Cauliflower Soup
5 cups of orange cauliflower (you can substitute with white cauliflower)
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2 cans organic white beans, washed and drained
1 fresh jalapeño, chopped (optional)
2 tbsp. ground turmeric
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. ground coriander
½ to 1 tbsp. paprika
3 tbsp. dried oregano
Pinch of chili powder (optional)
4 cups water or vegetable broth (MSG free)
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1. Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat
2. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent
3. Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, oregano and chili powder and cook for one minute until fragrant
4. Add the cauliflower and red pepper and cook for two more minutes, stirring often
5. Add the white beans and vegetable broth or water and bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 20 minutes
6.Place the soup in a blender and blend on high until it reaches a creamy consistency.
7. Serve warm and top with avocado, cilantro, chopped green onions, a little bit of Sriracha and a good squeeze of lime juice
Note: Recipes serves 8 people.
Tracy Assaad is a passionate Integrative Nutrition Health Coach with a practice rooted in the philosophy of integrated holistic and sustainable living. She demonstrates how a healthy lifestyle can be maintained not solely through nutrition, but balanced by understanding the connection between body, mind and soul.You can visit her Instagram account @fitnutleb for recipes and other fun ideas!