By Kendra Ramsey
This recipe brings me back to my childhood but with a healthier spin – it’s loaded with veggies and soul soothing flavors! IIN taught me to never fear getting creative in the kitchen. Just because a recipe doesn’t include meat, doesn’t mean your food has to loose its flavor.
Vegan Italian Sausage Soup
8 cups water
3 vegetable bouillon cubes
1/2 cup red wine
3 vegan Italian Sausages (my favorite ones are by Fieldroast and Tofurky)
1/2 chopped purple onion
2 chopped carrots
1-1 1/2 cups fresh, snapped green beans
1 (6 oz.) can organic tomato paste
1 tsp each of garlic powder, oregano, basil and parsley
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Begin by evenly mixing the noodle ingredients together.
- Once mixed, form into a ball and set aside.
- Next, in a pot, sauté the vegetables and sausage in the red wine until the alcohol has cooked out.
- Add in the water, bouillon cubes, tomato paste and spices and begin to cook on medium to high heat.
- While the soup is cooking, roll out the dough for the noodles. They should be as thin as possible without tearing.
- You can either use a noodle press or simply cut the pasta into 1/8″ strips by hand.
- Add the noodles to the soup and allow to simmer until noodles are cooked and vegetables are soft. Note: Makes 4-6 servings.
Kendra is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach , originally from southern West Virginia, in love with art, music, travel and food! The Classy Vegan is her way of expressing her love of vegan food and health to others. On The Classy Vegan you will find recipes and snapshots of her day to day life. Outside of sharing her vegan lifestyle, she is a cellist, pianist, full-time student (currently earning my Bachelors in Alternative Medicine), and soon to be author!