By Jennifer Moore
This recipe reminds me of the concept of bio-individuality that I learned at IIN. Although it is a raw, vegan and gluten free creation, it can be tailored to meet every individuals dietary needs, as we are all different!
Raw Courgette Pesto Pasta
1 cup basil
1/2 cup parsley
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup water
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup peas fresh or frozen
2 medium courgettes (also known as zucchini) or 4 mini ones, 3 cups worth spiralised
2 cups spinach
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
6 sun dried tomatoes, sliced thin
*Optional: pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, mini mozzarella balls
1. Place all pesto ingredients in blender and blend well until smooth. Then set aside.
2. De-frost peas by placing them in a bowl of hot water. Once soft, drain water and set peas aside.
3. Make courgette noodles by either using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler and peeling off ribbons of courgette. Place in a bowl.
4. Add 1⁄4 -1⁄2 cup of pesto to the courgette noodles and mix well to completely coat noodles. Add the tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and peas to the bowl of noodles.
5. To serve, place the spinach on a plate and top with the courgette noodle mixture. Top with pine nuts, pumpkin seeds or mini mozzarella balls, if you’d like.
Note: This recipe serves 2-3 people.
Jennifer is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Health Foods Chef and Yoga Teacher, based on a small island in the UK. She runs online detoxes, healthy eating and living programs and active retreats in beautiful locations all over the world. Details about her upcoming programs and retreats can be found at www.jmoorehealth.com!
4 thoughts on “Raw Courgette Pesto Pasta”
Love it, looks incredible.
This is a good recipe for the summer. I am going away and going to try it while I am away.
Let us know how it turns out, Eunice!