By Jessi Andricks
Instead of ditching your dessert completely, satisfy your sweet cravings with a healthy, naturally sweet dessert made from whole ingredients!
Simple Soft Serve
1 frozen banana
1 tbsp. non-dairy milk of choice, unsweetened
1 tbsp. nut butter (optional)
- Peel and freeze a large banana.
- When frozen, slice banana into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place sliced banana into blender with non-dairy milk of choice and nut butter.
- Blend for 5 seconds, stopping to scrape the sides of the blender.
- Pulse to blend, alternating between pulsing and scraping, when needed. Note: it should only take 1-2 minutes to make a creamy, thick consistency.
- Scoop into a bowl and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy!
Jessi Andricks is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, yoga teacher, fitness professional and creator of TheHouseofHealthy.com. She is also the author of Detox 101 and The Smoothie Life. She is a contributor to MindBodyGreen, Huffington Post and Yoga Magazine. Jessi fuses together clean eating basics, empowering fitness techniques, and expert wellness tips to help clients live the happier, healthier lives. You can get in touch with her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, or her website.