By Amanda Greenthumb
I have to disagree with Mark Twain who said, “cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.” After you try these cauliflower bread sticks, you will too! Fool anyone (especially kids!) into eating vegetables with these delicious breadsticks that can be dipped in anything from marinara to tapenade to ranch.
Cauliflower Bread Sticks
1/2 head of cauliflower
2 eggs (farm fresh is the best)
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 red pepper
1 tsp. rosemary
1 tbsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (good quality)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Use food processor to rice or grate by hand 1/2 head of cauliflower
- Chop or use food processor to combine garlic, herbs, red pepper, and ground pepper, then mix with cauliflower
- Whisk eggs separately and combine with cauliflower mixture
- Add grated cheese, mix to combine evenly
- Line baking tray with parchment paper and spread out an even layer of the cauliflower mixture onto the tray
- Bake for 30 minutes, then carefully flip over
- Bake for additional 15 minutes, until both sides are golden brown
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes
- Cut into 1/2 inch strips and enjoy with any dips, marinara, hot sauce, left over bean dips or curries, the list is endless!
Amanda is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, mom and author. She helps busy moms feel sexy and energized by teaching them everything they need to know about food, what to do when time is limited, and boosting energy levels permanently. Try out Amanda’s free eCourse, Naturally Conquer Your Cravings, at www.amandagreenthumb.com!
4 thoughts on “Cauliflower Bread Sticks”
How much calories in what size piece?
Hi Kathy – you can reach out to the author to learn more about the nutrition facts!
Is there a dairy free version of this recipe?
Hi Cheryl – you can reach out to the author to learn more about dairy-free substitutes for the recipe 🙂