By Nicole Baker
I love anything and everything pumpkin and sweet potatoes! On chilly fall or winter days, I love creating slow cooker meals to warm my body and my soul.
I use simple, organic ingredients, spices for flavor and since I eat a gluten-free, dairy-free and mostly paleo-friendly diet, this fits perfectly into what my body loves, too!
Pumpkin Sweet Potato and Turkey Chili
2 lbs. of ground turkey
1 cup of diced onions
32 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
16 oz. can of pumpkin
1/2 cup black coffee
3 cups sweet potatoes (chopped in 1 inch or larger pieces)
3 carrots (sliced thick)
2 tbsp. cumin
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. curry spice
Himalayan pink salt and ground pepper, to taste
- In a pan, cook onions and ground turkey thoroughly.
- In a slow cooker, while the turkey and onions are cooking, add tomatoes, vegetable broth, pumpkin, coffee, sweet potatoes, carrots and all spices. Mix well.
- Once the turkey and onion mix is done cooking, drain the fat from the turkey and add to the slow cooker.
- Mix everything together in the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Enjoy your pumpkin turkey chili over fresh greens and topped with avocado!
Nicole, aka The Naturalita, is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach who partners with passionate health and freedom seeking women to design a more “Naturalita” life. She helps women create life-inspired goals to guide them on their personal journey so they can SHINE their brightest in life, build a foundation of wellness, amp up their confidence and ease their wanderlust soul. Learn more at www.thenaturalita.com.