By Ashley Siedentopf
This recipe packs a punch of lean protein and colorful carbs! It’s healthy, balanced and varied. Similar to the philosophy I learned at IIN: No one diet fits one person.
Seared Cod & Mango Salsa
2 Cod filets
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 cup mango (peeled, seeded and chopped)
⅓ cup white onion, chopped ¼”
1 tbsp. lime juice, fresh squeezed
2 tsp. jalapeños, minced fine
3 tbsp diced red peppers, seeded and ¼” dice
- Combine all ingredients for the mango salsa in a bowl and mix well.
- Season and sauté the cod filets to desired taste (using sea salt, black pepper and olive oil).
- Top each filet with a generous scoop of mango salsa.
- Add a serving of your favorite fresh greens for a complete meal. I drizzle broccoli with olive oil, salt and pepper and place in the over for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Ashley Siedentopf is a Registered Nutritionist, Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, healthy cooking host on YouTube and soon-to-be author of “Feed Yourself Fabulous.” She is the founder of of Ashfab Nutrition, an online destination for natural health information, healthy recipes, cooking videos, product/book reviews, healthy lifestyle tips, interviews and articles. Learn more on her website and YouTube Channel.
4 thoughts on “Seared Cod & Mango Salsa”
Awesome! Have to try this one.
That’s great! Let us know what you think when you do!