By JJ Muenz
Simplicity is key when it comes to creating a recipe. I like to take very simple ingredients and give them a WOW factor! While attending the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, I learned that confusion or guilt should not surround food. That’s why I decided to turn one of my favorite childhood drinks into a healthy treat: Cozy Cocoa.
This is a very simple and flexible recipe. I don’t typically measure out the ingredients, instead, I prefer to build it within the mug and use that to gauge my measurements. Give it a try and see what you think!
1-2 tbsp Lily’s stevia sweetened chocolate chips
1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
1 packet Sweetleaf Stevia
- In a mug, pour a layer of chocolate chips to cover the entire bottom.
- Sprinkle in Stevia packet.
- Fill with coconut milk to the top.
- Pour contents of mug into saucepan and warm on stove over medium heat. Stirring continuously.
- Cocoa is ready once chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour cocoa back into mug, sprinkle with cinnamon (if desired), and enjoy!
JJ Muenz is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Class of 2013. She creates DIY + group coaching programs for women who want natural weight loss without the calorie counting. To connect with JJ and learn more visit: www.fitgirlseattle.com